Thursday, November 18, 2010

Church function and Polity

When the Church of Christ makes it's end goal anything else than Christ Alone, then the Church becomes detrimental to the health of those around her. Particular speaking in my life there were times when I have became so depressed and emotional to where I could not control myself. It got to the point where I would call several of my friends for several times a day and for hours. By these actions of mine, I got the consequence of them just shunning me away. It was, looking back it now, as if their end goal was to reach perfection in relationships rather than in Christ. They wanted to become perfect in dealing with others and making others perfect as well in dealing with themselves and others that they would not deal with anyone with problems. Their moto was if you do this to change then perhaps they will call or ask to see you more.
The problem with this was it was detrimental to the my spiritual health and to my health in general. I currently praise God for good friends now and I pray I may not trample over the grace that is shown not only in the good friends who are seeking Christ, but also in Christ as well. Praise God, Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: