Friday, September 27, 2013

Repentance

Recently I have been considering a great deal about repentance. What is it exactly? In recent times I have considered that it is an act in which the sinner repents from his self-pride and turns to Christ by faith/assent alone in His gospel. The gospel says that no one is counted righteous outside of Christ, but that all have sinned and fall short of God's holiness which is His glory. It is only in Christ alone that the elect sinner is made right with God because Christ Jesus actually took upon Himself their sins so that by this the Spirit who works upon the particular sinners heart/mind repents from his wicked ways and turns to Christ trusting in Him alone for justification. From this all of our Christian life is about eradicating the false gospel/doctrine we once held dear to upholding the good news.

I am learning and growing in my knowledge of this. But I am no longer a Lordship-Salvationist guy.

No comments: