Sunday, March 29, 2020

Love based on Kindred Spirit

"Now I had the chance to meet Luganovich's wife, Anna Alekseyevna. She was still very young then, not more than twenty-two, and her first child had been born six months before. It's all finished now and it's hard for me to say exactly what it was I found so unusual about her, what attracted me so much,but at the time, over dinner, it was all so clear, without a shadow of doubt: here was a young, beautiful, kind, intelligent, enchanting woman, unlike any I'd met before. Immediately I sensed that she was a kindred spirit, someone I knew already, and that her face, with its warm clever eyes, was just like one I had seen before when I was a little boy, in an album lying on my mother's chest of drawers." -Anton Chekhov, About Love, pg. 88

No comments: