Friday, February 4, 2011

Do all things for the Glory of God

"Be Thou exalted over my reputation. Make me ambitious to please Thee even if as a result I must fall into obscurity and my name be forgotten as a dream." -A.W. Tozer

I like this quote from A.W. Tozer. This is really great, for it presents to Christian's that they should neither stay away from having good reputation or having a reputation is ends up being forgotten. Both can be something that people in either one of the camps may cling to. Tozer says No, for it is not about us but it is about Christ and him glorified. Whatever lot one may fall in be in it for the Glory of God and not for selfish reasons. This reminds me of what Paul says again in Philippians 4 - that he can do all things through him [Christ] who strengthens me.



---------------------------------------- update -------------------------------------------


This quote by Tozer is really not good. Tozer was an Arminian who believed that man had free will and that Christ died for the sins of every single human being universally.

No comments: