Monday, February 28, 2011

The Gift of Humility founded upon Philippians

The main point of Philippians is: Glorifying God through unifying obedience to Him in Christ Jesus in all Circumstances with Joy.

Part of the subservient point of the main point is Humility.

Philippians 1:6 - "I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

Philippians 2:12-13 - "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure."

Philippians 3:3 - "For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh -"

Philippians 4:13 -"I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

The point is that Humility is just as much as the gift of God as Faith is. I was reading something prior to this thought which caused me to write this. It said something about one of the founding fathers of America believing that humility is something man can achieve. According to Philippians the statement is far from the truth of God.

No comments: