Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thoughts on a touchy subject

I find it hard to believe that the church I attended last summer is now letting their seniour pastor go. First, they asked him to just take a sabatical wherre a pastor would take a break for some months. But, then I suppose while he was on break he ended up feeling the need to leave the church he has planted and pastored at for over 35 years? I am not sure what is going on here. Not only that, the pastor is going to another church in Wheatherford. But, my dad who knows nothing and cares for nothing about the Scriptures or the gospel has stated that the pastor is smart and wants to go ahead and retire so that he may gain some funds from the old church and then go ahead and work for the new. That sounds fishy and I do not like it.
Another note is that my father has a mistress who the church I attended never said anything about nor did a did a church displine, was speaking to me about my comments I had made a couple of months ago about how the church is going to hell. To clear up some things, I said that the church if it is not preaching the gospel correctly - Jesus Christ and Him cruxified - then its not a true church and thus are sending people to hell. My father brings up the issue, seeing how I am reformed, sayinging, "my church is the only elect group." Well my father's mistress tries to cover up this argument by saying, "quiet, quiet." First of all, I see her way of handling matters is not Christ-like, and second, it shows that she is not yet saved.

No comments: