Friday, February 4, 2011

On Students, Pride, and Learning

Dear Blog,

I do not know how to write what I am seeing. The Dorms here at school are surrounded by ignorant prideful young children, who just got out of high school, who are learning how to think and reason on their own. I am not sure how to react about this. Let me just say I am at times am not the best person to communicate with. At times I fail trying to present my case or my thought. With them trying be rational all the time, they become irrational at times. I have gone through the same study and problem as they have gone through. I long for them to read Theilicke who talks about such things and practice and tells us to not become prideful in our study of them. I am not against the Theological Hall or the study of Philosophical Science I am more concerned about their gentleness and love and humility. I pray that this may not be just another means by which men are cast down into hell.

No comments: