Friday, July 25, 2014

"Sanctification once begun is never wholly lost. It fluctuates with the fidelity of the believer, but he never falls back into the stupor and death of the unregenerate state..." - W.G.T. Shedd

There is a struggle with sin in the life of the believer. But though he struggles yet he has hope.

I am finding that the older Reformers were not like the neo-reformers such as John Macarthur, R.C. Sproul. The Lordshipers put all their eggs in one basket of works. They become existentialist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John 6:44-45 (ESV)Makes this very plain.

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be ttaught by God.’ uEveryone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me—

Everyone the Father teaches will be raised up on the last day. So indeed, once sanctification is started, never wholly lost.

Kirk said...

Joel Tay, I cannot like your comment here.... The Blog wont allow me. But I do like your comments. :D