Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Where do you start your doctrine?

As far as I can say it as a Calvinistic believer I do not start my doctrine with the condition of man, nor with the unconditional election of certain sinners - though I would not disagree with either of those points and would say that where I do start those two points are in fact presupposed along with irresistible grace and also the preservation of the saints. Where I start the doctrine is where I think as a Christian every true believer should start - at the effectual work of Christ limited to only His people alone which is the gospel as opposed to the law of God. Both of these (Law and Gospel) the conditionalist confused. They say things that yes one may be saved by obedience of the law and yet the gospel makes it easier or they say that yes we are saved by the gospel however after the gospel we must look at our good works to assure the Christian's salvation. These if I may say are in fact damnable heresies.

No comments: