Sunday, February 14, 2016

Such thing as common grace?

I was thinking of Common Grace that a lot of Calvinist and Arminians like to espouse today. I know Wayne Grudem has a chapter on it but I couldn't find what I was looking for as to his view of Genesis 17:18-22 where God says he will bless Ishmael. Anyways, I will have to look for it and post it here. But, my question is does these set of verses display common grace? What was the reason for Ishmael receiving a gift from God? If God knew that He would destroy Ishmael in Hell then can we say that God gave him a gift out of love? Consider if you give someone a peanut who is allergic, I mean you might say that you did not know but over all you cannot say that the peanut was really good for him. God knows all things, he gave Ishmael a blessing and he also gave Pharaoh a blessing but over all he destroyed Pharaoh in the sea. Just thoughts to consider.

No comments: