Thursday, April 14, 2011

What does it mean to me when I tag Soli Deo Gloria (for the glory of God alone) at the end of a note or letter?

For one it means that God does all things for his glory. That He is not just the one on the throne up above, but that he is actually orchrastrating every event for His good pleasure sort of like what Acts 4:28. But even further He is workin...g out all things in peoples lives for His name sake for those who are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). Not only does Soli Deo Gloria mean that God works in all things for His glory and pleasure, but it also means that I too as well as others should live for His glory in response to what He does (Romans 6:4). Its not only in response to what He does, although without His work in me I could not positively live for his Glory as Christ now lives forever at the right hand of God, but its I should live for His glory because of who He is - almighty holy infinite God! I am to ascribe to the Lord the value and measure of His intrinsic worth; I am to Worship God by glorify Him and Enjoying Him forever (Psalm 96:7-9). Isaiah 48:9-11

No comments: