Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pink on the distinguishing mark of the Christian

"'But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his' (Rom. 8:9). The possession of the Holy Spirit is the distinguishing mark of a Christian, for to be without the Spirit is proof positive that we are out of Christ - 'none of his' : fearful words! And, my reader, if we are not Christ's, whose are we? The answer must be, The devil's, for there is no third possessor of me...n. In the past, all of us were subjects of the kingdom of darkness, the slaves of Satan, the heirs of wrath; and the great questions which each one of us needs to accurately answer are, Have I been taken out of that terrible position? Have I been translated into the kingdom of God's dear Son, made an heir of God, and become indwelt by His Spirit?" A.W. Pink in The Holy Spirit


Pink kept it abstract if I might say.... though I do not agree with abstract theories nor do I think they exist. Pink sadly is not clear here.

No comments: