Sunday, September 11, 2016

Scripture alone that changes our attitudes

Some might consider the idea's Joy, Anger, Love, Fear, or anything else as emotions. I do not think these things are emotions. My question would be to begin with what are emotions? And if we are commanded to 'love God without entire being' and our emotions are often swept to and fro then how can we control these 'emotions'? I do not consider these things as 'emotions' but rather attitudes of the mind. How do we change the attitude if not by the power of the Spirit who uses means of Scripture alone to change the disposition of our minds. Of course, some things still cause my attitude to think and do certain things and I pray those things do not hinder the race. I do not believe that my volition are to be lead by anything other than Scripture alone.

No comments: